Table of Contents
- A brief history of the University of Tennessee.
- Field of Study.
- How can you be eligible for the University of Tennessee Scholarships?
- To maintain your eligibility for University of Tennessee scholarships, you must do the following:
- List of other University of Tennessee scholarships for international students in the USA.
- Why are HOPE scholarships the best for an International Student?
- Some of the Financial and Eligibility Regulations at the University of Tennessee.
- Frequently Asked Questions About The University of Tennessee Scholarships.
- Our Recommendation
Are you an international student in the USA looking forward to applying for university of Tennessee scholarships but don’t have substantial knowledge about these scholarship programs?
No worries, I’m here to provide explicit answers to questions most international students ask about University of Tennessee scholarships.
A brief history of the University of Tennessee.
University of Tennessee (UT) is one of the top state universities in the US that provides standard education to prepare students for their future careers. It was founded in 1794 as Blount College. Years later, the administration decided to establish other campuses at Chattanooga, Martin, and a health science center at Memphis.
The reason is to create more opportunities for students that desire quality education. Over the year, it has become evident that the scholarship opportunities in Tennessee have been transforming lives as many students that graduated from this university have been doing exceedingly well in society.
To raise more successful leaders, the University of Tennessee has opened different scholarship programs for aspiring, transfer, and continuing students.
The good news is that these scholarship programs are available for every student from different backgrounds, races, nationalities, and religions. Some of the scholarships include; Freshman scholarship, Chancellor’s scholarship, Continuing undergraduate scholarship, Roddy scholarship, Nyeland scholarship, etc.
Another awesome fact about university of Tennessee scholarships is that although these scholarships only provide partial financial assistance for students whose families earn below $50,000 per year; however, the requirements are not rigid. Hence, many students stand the chance to be eligible for these scholarships once they follow the right procedures.
As an aspiring student, note that the first thing you need to do is to complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Form. It is the information that you provide on the FAFSA that will determine your eligibility for financial aids at the University of Tennessee.
Moreover, you should endeavor to fill your FAFSA form as quickly as possible because once the opportunity for the FAFSA form is closed, that means you will have to apply the following year. You should also make sure that you check through the information on the FAFSA form to avoid incorrect entries.
Field of Study.
Here are some of the available courses you can study at the University of Tennessee
- Agricultural Science
- Family and Consumer Sciences
- Business Administration
- Economics and Finance
- Business Information Systems
- Early Childhood Education
- Applied & Industrial Technology
- Architectural Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Cardio-Respiratory Care Sciences
- Dental Hygiene
- Health Care Administration and Planning
- Information Management
- Health Sciences
- Human Performance & Sports Sciences
- Public Health
- Art & Sciences
- Criminal Justice
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Political Science
- Mathematical Sciences
- Public Service
If the course of your choice is not on our list, kindly visit the official website of University of Tennessee to get more information on this.
How can you be eligible for the University of Tennessee Scholarships?
Having a dream to win a scholarship to study the course of your choice at the University of Tennessee is not enough. You need more than wishes to make your dream a reality. Whether as a freshman, continuing undergraduate, veteran, or graduate, you need to know which of the University of Tennessee scholarships suit your program type.
To better understand how eligibility for University of Tennessee scholarships is measured, let’s briefly discuss one of the most common and easily accessible University of Tennessee merit scholarships and the basic requirements you should provide.
Tennessee HOPE Scholarship for Freshman:
The HOPE Scholarship, also known as the Lottery Scholarship, is a funded financial aid program for an eligible freshman at the University of Tennessee. The amount of financial aid you can be eligible for under the HOPE Scholarship varies depending on the type of aid you fit in.
For instance, to be eligible for need-based financial aid, you must be able to prove that your family’s annual income is below 50,000 dollars.
To benefit from the HOPE scholarship, the first requirement is to fill out your FAFSA file. You must fill out the FAFSA form and submit it no later than the 1st of October which is usually the beginning of the university’s next academic year.
Some of the conditions of the HOPE Scholarship for Freshman are as follows:
- You must have been residing in Tennessee a year before the Hope Award which is on the 1st of September every year.
- You must enrol within 16 months of high school graduation.
- You must be a graduate of Tennesse eligible high school.
Tennessee HOPE Scholarship for Transfer Students:
As a transferring student, the first thing to do after receiving the Tennessee HOPE scholarship is to change your school of choice by logging into your Tennessee Student Assistance Corporation (TSAC) student portal. After you log in, ensure you list University of Tennessee as your school of choice to effect the change on your application.
Here are other few steps you should take
- You must be active while applying for University of Tennessee scholarship. As an aspiring student, you must apply with not more than 225 attempted hours to be eligible
- While waiting to accept your payment for HOPE scholarship, you must have sent the transcripts of your previous college to the University of Tennessee for review.
EXTRA NOTE: If you meet up with all the basic requirements and you followed every step but you’re yet to receive your payment, you will have to identify yourself by providing a copy of your high school transcript and test scores to the University of Tennessee Office of Admissions.
HOPE scholarship for the University of Tennessee is in two parts which are: the Traditional HOPE scholarship and the Non-traditional HOPE scholarship.
To be eligible for a traditional HOPE scholarship, you must be a graduate from a renowned high school in Tennessee and must be ready to fill your FAFSA every year.
Furthermore, to be eligible for a Non-traditional HOPE scholarship, you must meet up these requirements:
- You must have enrolled in a baccalaureate program as an entering freshman. You can enrol in a baccalaureate degree program at an eligible 4-year institution, but ensure you maintain your enrollment and follow an associate degree.
- You must have a minimum of 2.75 GPA after 12 attempted semester hours. Note that it is essential that you attain the GPA requirement and meet up with the timing before they start receiving HOPE funds.
To maintain your eligibility for University of Tennessee scholarships, you must do the following:
- Be continuously enrolled in the university.
- Complete your FAFSA every year.
- You should have completed 8 hours of volunteer service every semester before the beginning of each semester.
- Organize constant meetings with your mentor a minimum of 3 times each semester before the semester
List of other University of Tennessee scholarships for international students in the USA.
Whether you are a freshman or continuing international student in the U.S, here are some of the scholarships you can apply for.
1. Voluntary Scholarship:
This scholarship is one of the University of Tennessee merit scholarships which is basically to honour incoming students with grades not less than 3.8-grade points. These students must also have solid experience in volunteer work coupled with a very good academic record in the past.
2. Volunteer Scholarship:
This University of Tennessee scholarship program is basically for students with an exemplary instructional file which will include their GPA and check scores. Incoming first-year students with a minimum grade of 3.8 GPA that applied for admission on the 15th of December during their final in senior schools can also benefit from this institutional scholarship.
Moreover, to fit in as a better candidate for this scholarship, you must matriculate the autumn semester after your commencement from a US excessive faculty. You should also be a US citizen, a permanent resident, or a home global student before you can be considered.
What is the Worth of this \Scholarship?
In collaboration with the Desire scholarship, in-state recipients of the volunteer scholarship may be eligible for as much as $7,500 during their first and second years at the University of Tennessee. You will be eligible to get approximately $12,500 during your 1/3 and fourth years.
Who is Eligible to Apply for a Volunteer Scholarship?
The first 12 months of scholars (undergraduate) are those eligible for this scholarship.
In addition to this, if you intend to apply for a volunteer scholarship for 2022-2023, ensure you register early to be eligible. The registration starts on the 1st of December till February
Here are some of the items you need to complete your Application:
- A whole self-mentioned academic file
- Well-written essay to test your language skill.
- Recommendation letters (academic, professional, or personal)
3. Endowed Scholarships:
These awards are organized by private donations to UT. Due to the source of this award, students have a high chance of being eligible. Some of the criteria for eligibility include financial need, average grade point, community or campus-based activities, and student classification.
4. Departmental Scholarships:
This is mainly for a freshman. The departmental scholarships vary depending on your department. To know the departmental scholarship award you are eligible for, you need to visit the school website to find out the scholarships that are available in your department before applying for any.
5. Chancellor’s Scholarships:
These are primarily University of Tennessee scholarships for incoming first-year students. One of the basic requirements is that you must have a good academic record, preferably between 3.8 – 4.0 GPA.
How to Apply
The first step to take is by applying early for admission. According to the academic calendar, the first admission date starts on November 2 every year. Candidates who apply early will receive an email with the link to the scholarship application form which should be submitted on or before the 15th of December.
6. Continuing Undergraduate Scholarships:
As an international student who has enrolled in the University of Tennessee, you may start thinking of which scholarship you should apply for, worry no more. The good news is that you can benefit from different merit scholarships through this funding mechanism.
However, you should note that some basic things can alternate your financial aid if you don’t renew your scholarship every year. To renew your aid each year, you have to complete the FAFSA (available Oct. 1) and UTC scholarship application (available Aug. – February 1) every year, as early as possible.
Secondly, you need to check your Mocs Mail regularly to keep updated about the application. The reason is, that the Office in charge of Financial Aid and Scholarships may need more information from you, failure to provide such information on time may prolong your application process.
Kindly note that your family’s income should remain the same for you to be eligible for financial aid throughout your program. Moreover, an increase in family members at the University of Tennessee will affect your eligibility for financial aid.
You must also submit all requested documents and fill out your FAFSA accurately before the required deadlines.
Why are HOPE scholarships the best for an International Student?
HOPE scholarships give you the privilege to benefit from various University of Tennessee scholarships without being a U.S citizen.
Some of the Financial and Eligibility Regulations at the University of Tennessee.
- You will not be eligible to register or obtain grades, diplomas, degrees, or transcripts until your account has been paid. This means you will not be officially enrolled until your fees are paid/or covered by scholarship or your purse.
- Failure to comply with the cumulative GPA and/or completion rate or 150% time limitation standards will make you ineligible for grants, loans, or work-study.
- All Financial Aid Recipients’ enrollment is measured on the 14th day of class for financial aid purposes.
- Unofficial withdrawal or unannounced absence from the school after receiving Federal Financial Aid assistance means you will be completely withdrawn and you will be asked to return your unearned funds to the Student Financial Aid Programs.
- You must regularly attend courses according to the attendance policy of the University and individual instructors to maintain your scholarship program.
- Incessant absence from registered courses may result in adjustments to your financial aid awards.
- Registration fees will be refunded for cancelled classes.
You are just a step away from being eligible for University of Tennessee scholarships. Start your registration now by clicking this link:
Frequently Asked Questions About The University of Tennessee Scholarships.
What GPA do you need to get a full ride University of Tennessee Scholarships?
A minimum of 3.8 GPA is required and you have an excellent academic record, to get a full ride University of Tennessee Scholarships
Does University of Tennessee give out of state scholarships?
Our Tennessee Explore Scholarship program exclusively recognizes out-of-state students with an excellent academic record and gives greater access to the opportunities available here at Tennessee
Does the University of Tennessee waive out-of-state tuition?
UTK does not provide waivers in out-of-state tuition to students residing in bordering states.
What is the worth of the University of Tennessee Scholarships?
In-state recipients of the volunteer scholarship may be eligible for as much as $7,500 during their first and second years at the University of Tennessee. You will be eligible to get approximately $12,500 during your 1/3 and fourth years.
- The Academic Guide For First Year Students Studying Abroad, 2021.
- Florida International University Merit Awards for First-Year International Students , USA
- Villanova Presidential Scholarship For International Students In USA | 2021-2022.
- Cameron Impact Scholarship | 2021.
- 16 Best Jobs for Recent College Graduates.
- I Hate College | Common College Problems And What to do About Them.
- What Happens If You Fail A Class In College?
- Northpoint Bible College | Ranking, Courses, Acceptance Rate, Admission Requirements and Tuition
- College Credit For Work Experience
- Top 8 Best Jobs For College Grads With No Experience, 2021 | Job Type, Certificate & Salary.