Chemical engineering internships in the US are one of the best ways to explore an interest in chemical engineering as a prospective chemical engineer. The internship will help in building your practical and real-life skills as a chemical engineer to help get a job after school.
Summer Internships for chemical engineering students are very essential as they offer vast opportunities for chemical engineering students to get familiarized with the work environment, build connections and develop critical skills to help in the field.
Chemical Engineering Internships
An internship is a work experience for a fixed period usually between six (6) or three (3) months, that provides candidates mostly students seeking a future in the field with opportunities to boost their career choices. An internship is compulsory in many academic institutions around the world before a student can be awarded a degree.
Chemical engineering internships provide students with work experience under an employer in the field of chemical engineering for a limited time frame.
There are several types of chemical engineering internships such as summer chemical engineering internships, fall chemical engineering internships, paid internships, and unpaid internships.
Below are fifteen (15) Chemical Engineering Internships in the US:
#1. Modern Industries Incorporated internship program:
Modern Industries Incorporated provides modern technical assistance to companies requiring testing of materials or research and analysis projects.
As an intern, you will be tasked with the following responsibilities
- Preparing samples for analysis and appropriate testings.
- Mounting and cleaning test samples.
Below are requirements to be eligible for the modern industries inc. internship program:
- A high school certificate or equivalent
- A highly motivated and knowledge-seeking persona.
- At least one year of hands-on experience in the fields of chemical engineering such as materials testing, metallurgy, etc.
An internship at modern industries Inc is a very great opportunity as they provide opportunities for full-time employment to students upon completion of their degrees.
#2. The Hershey Company
The Hershey Company provides interns with real-life experience in the food processing and consumer-packaged goods industry.
Interns are tasked with the following tasks to ensure their progressive adaptation and development
- Creating process flow diagrams
- Providing equipment operating parameters
- Through testing.
- Preparing reports on projects such as process design reports, process test documentations, and engineering calculations.
Requirements needed to be eligible for the internship program :
- Undergraduate studies in chemical engineering and other related fields such as agricultural, biological, electrical, and industrial engineering.
- A credible means of conveyance.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Power to raise fifty pounds.
- Willingness to work and travel to North America and other facilities as frequently required.
- Ability to work on a flexible schedule such as weekends.
Interns in the program will gain a wide range of experience in several fields such as manufacturing, quality assurance, electrical engineering among others.
#3. CVD Equipment Corporation
Located in New York, CVD Equipment Corporation offers internship opportunities for students enabling them to work within a dynamic environment with a world-class engineering team.
Interns will be required to do the following:
- Communicate effectively
- Use critical thinking and apply basic engineering rules to create, build, utilize and troubleshoot chemical vapor deposition system design and manufacturing processes.
- Work together with a team to execute projects.
- Adapt to various changes in the sector.
- Reason and act unassisted.
4. Chemical Engineering Internship, Houston, Texas at Burns and Mcdonnell
The chemical internship program is open to students with a minimum of 3.0 GPA in pursuit of a bachelor’s or Master’s degree in chemical engineering, with strong leadership, problem-solving, and communication skills. The chemical engineering interns will perform tasks requiring chemical engineering knowledge and techniques.
The company offers a paid internship program of varying lengths ranging from six (6) to nine (9) and twelve(12) months to students willing to participate in the facility engineering construction team.
The interns are assigned the following roles:
- Assisting project managers in their jobs.
- Executing weekly undertakings.
- Receiving orders and scheduling deliveries with the construction schedule.
The following includes the minimum qualifications needed for an internship position:
- At least eighteen (18) years old.
- A high school certificate
- Willingness to work towards a degree in chemical, mechanical, electrical, or civil engineering; architecture or construction management.
- A minimum of 2.5 GPA
- Verbal and written communication skills
#6. PPG Primers Internship Program:
The program is one of the best chemical engineering internships summer of 2021, for students. The program allows students to develop professional skills and interact with top PPG business leaders.
The Internship program seeks to drastically improve the academic knowledge of students by exposing them to projects that challenge them.
#7. Careerbuilder- United States
This is a great internship if you are looking to work as a chemical plant operator. The company provides interns with relevant skills. The intern will be responsible for providing daily reports based on checks of water plants. They will also supervise chemical cleaning operations and whatever additional tasks they are assigned to.
The prospective intern must be mechanically inclined and willing to work part-time hours.
#8. Neuvoo Internship Program
This is a good opportunity to gain experience as a process engineer. The intern will work under a Plant manager assisting while gaining hands-on experience.
To participate in the Neuvoo internship program, the prospective interns must meet the following criteria:
- Undergraduate studies in Chemical or Mechanical engineering.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office
#9. Ivy-exec Internship Program
Ivy-exec is a highly rated company that offers chemical engineering internships for students along with other opportunities. The program introduces students to a variety of tools to enable them to perform exceptionally in the field of chemical engineering.
Prospective Interns must demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills to enable effective communication with a wide range of audiences.
#10. Conagra Brands Engineering Organization Internship Program
The company is accepting chemical engineering students for an eleven (11) weeks internship program. The program is for highly motivated students willing to make an impact in the food industry. The Internship is open to students on the following criteria
- Pursuing a degree in Chemical, mechanical or industrial engineering
- Graduation is scheduled for Fall 2021, Spring 2022, or Spring 2023.
#11. Brewer Science Incorporated:
Brewer Science inc. is a leading innovator of technological solutions for the microelectronics and semiconductor market.
Brewer Science Incorporated is offering internship opportunities to chemical engineering students who are willing to develop their professional skills while exploring career options.
Interns are assigned the following responsibilities:
- Developing, evaluating, selective, and executing programs for product and process characterization.
- Equipment design and specifications
- Installing, executing, and evaluating quality systems.
Tesla offers one of the best chemical engineering opportunities. It provides training to help prepare interns for the workforce inclusive of all people irrespective of background, gender, race, or religion.
The interns will work with a world-class team operating a radical philosophy of collaboration that is interdisciplinary. Prospective interns must meet the following conditions to qualify for the internship.
- Pursuing a degree or a recent graduate of chemical engineering with a focus on fire protection and process safety engineering.
- Well-versed in the International Building Code, fire code, NFPA 10, 13, 25, and 72.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Experience in program development and project management is an added advantage.
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment.
This is an internship opportunity in a cross-disciplinary team with over sixty offices around the world seeking to provide solutions to improve the transportation, water, energy, and other infrastructures of their clients. The highly respected firm provides career advancement opportunities and hands-on experience.
Prospective interns are to meet up to the following standards:
- Enrolled in an undergraduate or post-graduate institution.
- A clean driving record and a driver’s license
- Great oral and written communication skills.
- Multitasking and organizational skills
- An up-to-date knowledge of MS office programs such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook, AutoCAD, MathCAD.
The company is recruiting Summer Interns for Integrated Data, Analytics, and Reporting (IDAR). The program is a chemical engineering internship in NJ. A member of the Johnson and Johnson family of companies is hiring chemical engineering interns for Risk Management and Central Monitoring (RM-CM).
Interns are to apply their knowledge of chemical engineering, data science, biomedical engineering, or any relevant scientific and medical field of knowledge in monitoring clinical trials.
#15. Equova Water Technologies
The chemical engineering internship, Tampa, Florida is open to chemical engineering undergraduate students with a 3.0 minimum GPA and good communication and problem-solving skills; willing to work in an office setting testing water treatment plants and writing reports.
Most corporations allow interns from the age of sixteen (16) while some set the minimum at eighteen to thirty years
Frequently Asked Questions on The Top 15 Chemical Engineering Internships In The US
Chemical engineering interns get to interact with prospective mentors, establish meaningful relationships with their fellow coworkers, and learn the inside trade secrets of chemical engineering. Interns are usually responsible for providing field support or carrying out significant research.
Chemical Engineers can find available chemical engineering internships through various tools available in finding employment and internships. A few examples are LinkedIn.com, Internships.com, Indeed.com, CareerEngineer, not to mention that you may just do a search on the internet to find internships.
The average chemical engineer intern salary in the USA is $41,238 per year or $21.15 per hour. Entry-level positions start at $40,950 per year while most experienced workers make up to $46,703 per year.
Below list of must-have skills for Chemical Engineers
- Analytical skills.
- Maths skills.
- Project management skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Data analytics skills.
- Science skills.
- Decision-making skills.
- 9 Best Online Aerospace Engineering Degrees [2021 Bachelor’s Guide].
- 16 Best Civil Engineering Summer Internships In 2021.
- 12 Mechanical Engineering Internships Abroad In 2021.
- How To Find Entry Level Electrical Engineering Jobs.
- Master of Science in Electrical Engineering (MSEE) | Degree Requirements And Best Schools For Study.
- Best 12 Real Estate Internships Abroad In 2022.
- 13 Best Computer Science Internships to Consider in the US | 2022.
- 11 Best Music Internships Abroad In 2021.
- Game Programming Internships Summer, 2021
- 9 Easiest Top Schools To Transfer Into.