It is very essential and required that students go for internships programs to build a good experience around their field of study. Hence, for students seeking game programming internships programs, we’ve created a comprehensive list of good companies you can intern for.
So, if you are among those seeking a game programming internship in the US, carefully go through this page to see which suits you the most.
Top Game Programming Internships Summer, 2021
#1. Software Engineering Intern Riot Games
Location: Los Angeles, CA.
Estimated Earning: $60,000 – $86,000 a year.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner’s Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work between video game programming interns.
We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the centre of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. This video game programming internship is valued as one of our top choices.
Required qualifications of the video game programming internship
- Science, engineering or related degree program
- Available to work full-time hours for 10-12 week at our Santa Monica Headquarters (subject to change based on COVID-19 restrictions)
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Coding experience with an object-oriented programming (OOP) language i.e. Java, C++
- Familiarity with the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Familiarity with software develop
#2. Technical Game Design Intern (Summer 2022)
Location: Los Angeles CA
Estimated Earning: $46,000 – $67,000 a year.
This video game programming internship is a technical game intern. They are looking for a Technical Design Intern like you to join us in the mission to create amazing games and experiences, and to elevate ourselves and our craft. This role will report to our Studio Design Line Director.
We are considering on-site and hybrid working options, and welcome full-time remote candidates who are within a three hour time difference to the Pacific Time Zone to apply. The ability for a game programming intern to Adopt and become proficient in new or proprietary development tools to implement and debug their work.
Requirements of a the video game programming internships
- You are currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s program and are slated to graduate after May 2023
- Comfortable with 3D editors such as Unreal or Unity, and scripting or programming languages such as Blueprints, Lua, or C++
- Design and implementation experience with game features or content development tools
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for gaming: playing, deconstructing and creating.
#3. Summer 2022 Intern – Software Engineer
Location: Raleigh, NC
This is another hit for a video game programming intern. To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
With offices all over the world, our recruits have the chance to collaborate and connect with fellow employees on a global scale. We offer job shadowing, mentorship programs, talent development courses, and much more.
This is your time to shine. Our software engineering interns are considered full-time employees by their peers. In fact, you will be expected to contribute right away as a member of our Engineering teams for future releases. As the world leader in enterprise cloud computing.
Required skill for the game programming internships
- Enrolled and working towards obtaining a BS or MS in Computer Science or related field. Please note that to be eligible for an internship, we require that you be returning to school the following quarter/semester to work towards completing your degree
- Must be attending a University in North America
- Academic or professional/internship experience working in a professional coding setting is a plus
- Understanding of object-oriented programming/design
- Strong understanding of CS fundamentals and how to apply them to code
- Understanding of algorithms and data structures and how to efficiently implement them into a solution
- Ability to produce clean, efficient and concise code
#4. Spring 2022 Virtual Intern, HBO Max Software Engineering
Location: Washington DC
Estimated Earning: $27,000 – $34,000 a year for a game programming internship.
HBO Max is where storytelling takes centre stage and where creatives find a home with the support and resources to do their best work, no matter the genre or format. We are software engineers with a passion for infrastructure, automation, tooling and security. Building reliability, performance and security into our streaming products is our mission.
We are evangelists for infrastructure as code, continuous delivery, operational visibility and strongly believe that automation is the key to delivering reliable systems. We are looking for software engineering interns to help us expand our infrastructure as code efforts
The essential requirements needed
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- 1+ year programming experience in C++ or C# or similar programming languages
- Ability to easily switch between independent and collaborative work
- Strong communication, problem-solving and time management skills
- Experience with devices such as tablets, smartphones, and game consoles
- OS: Windows, iOS, Android, macOS, Linux
- Internship Program
- Students must be currently enrolled in a college degree program for the full duration of the internship
Spring 2022 program dates are January 24th – April 15th; must be available for full program duration
Part-time schedule (16-24 hours/week) designed to work around class schedule
#5. Summer 2022 Intern – Software Engineer
Location: Seattle, WA
Estimated Earning: $37.66 an hour.
This is a Full-time game programming internship with
It looks so ideal for a game programming intern. As the world leader in enterprise cloud computing, we release 3 new versions every year with close to 100 new features each release. You will write code that reaches millions of subscribers who use a number of our applications ranging from Marketing Cloud, Service Cloud and Security to just name a few.
Additionally, you will work on our automated testing infrastructure and craft the tools that provide real-time monitoring of our service. With such a quick turnaround, we don’t want our interns to sit on the sidelines and enjoy the view. We want you to change the way our customers connect their business to the world!
Requirements Qualifications of the game programming internships
- Analysis skills
- Data structures
- Bachelor’s degree
- Bachelor of Science
- Master’s degree
#6. Software Engineering Intern – Summer 2022 Affirm
Full-time | Internship
Estimated Earning: $49,000 – $67,000 a year for a gaming programming internship USA
We are excited to meet and consider strong students for our 12-16 week internships. We are a dynamic organization that is happy to tailor projects to your skillsets, and we will work with you throughout the interview process to determine which team will be best for you. throughout the interview process to determine which team will be best for you
You’ll have the opportunity to attend events with other interns and full-time Affirmers! Past events have included cable car trolley tours, scavenger hunts, and Giants games.
To add the spice to the gaming programming internship We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all.
Requirements for a game programming internships Qualification
Interns are responsible for developing and shipping a project and verifying that it works in production. Because things are changing fast at Affirm, we do not specify intern projects in advance
#7. Technology Intern – Summer 2022 Genuine Parts Company
Location: Remote Internship
Estimated Earning: $31,000 – $45,000 a year for gaming programming internship in the USA
Our 11-week summer internship program will be in person in Atlanta
(some remote workdays available) and run from May 23, 2022 – August 5, 2022. Our technology interns will have the opportunity to help solve complex business problems by leveraging technology and building scalable software platforms.
You will have the opportunity to shortlist the areas of your interest on our technology team based on your prior software engineering experience, Hacker-rank coding assessment, and interviews. We are looking for technology interns in the following areas:
- Software Engineering: You will design, test, deploy and maintain software solutions as you grow and evolve during your internship.
- User Research and Design: game programming international will involve improvement in UI/UX / CX experience.
- Site Reliability Engineering: You will work on software development projects
Requirements of qualifications
- An ability in software programming.
- Cyber security.
- Natural machine learning.
#8. Marketing Analytics Internship, Spring 2022
Location: celebration, Fl
As a member of the Marketing Analytics & Optimization team, you will play an important role in supporting our core marketing measurement, automation and reporting needs, with a focus on digital marketing and customer analytics for Consumer Products, Games and Publishing (CPGP).
Qualifications for game programming internships USA:
- Experience with data visualization tools (Tableau preferred)
- Experience with serving media through digital marketing channels
- Experience with marketing audience analytics, and/or consumer data
- Data quality validation and data mining skills
- Understanding of marketing attribution methods
- Understanding of relational database structure and concepts
Senior or Recent Graduate working toward or having recently earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Analytics, Statistics, Management Information Systems, Economics, Marketing or another related quantitative field
This job is also remote And will be favourable for a game programming internship in the USA
#9. Intern – Analytics (NOA) Nintendo of Africa
Location: Redmond, WA
It is a job for a game programming internship. Well, Nintendo has sold billions of video games and hundreds of millions of hardware units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS™ family of systems.
Nintendo is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a welcoming and inclusive environment in service to one another, our products, the diverse consumers we represent.
As a Nintendo of America game programming Intern, you will actively contribute to meaningful projects, and gain valuable hands-on work experience with a leading company in the entertainment industry. During the program from June.
Whether you are in a technical or non-technical role, you will be a part of a team committed to putting smiles on the faces of millions around the world.
- 3.0+ GPA
- Freshmen to graduating seniors enrolled in accredited college or university
- Pursuing a degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Physics, or related fields
- Strong understanding of databases, data structures, and algorithms
- Proficient in one or more additional programming languages (Python, R, SQL or similar).
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.
- Familiar with machine learning modeling (Regression and Forecasting)
- Adept at handling ambiguous or undefined challenges through strong problem-solving skills and effective communication.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
#10. 2022 Cyber Operations and Resilience Undergraduates Intern The aerospace cooperation.
Location: 3700 Osuna Rd Ne Ste 711, Albuquerque, NM 87109
Though this job might be at options. It gives a proposal for full-time application with benefits such as
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Making it to the last on the least. It is a full arsenal for a gaming programming intern searching in the US. At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration . To carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Support test, study and improve mission resiliency for Space and Strategic Mission Systems from advanced cyber threats
- Develop and test Defensive Cyber Operations tools and capabilities
- Applies standard techniques and procedures to carry out a series of prescribed scientific and/or cyber security tasks
- Currently enrolled full time pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or technical degree from an accredited college/University
- At least 1 year of cyber security/cyber operations education
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills
- Must possess strong organizational, time management and project management skills
- Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI security clearance
- GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Current active security clearance
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) Certification or equivalent cyber certification such as Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Experience working with Air Force
- Proficient with one or more programming languages including but not limited to C/C++, Python, Java.
It’s a high target for a gaming programming internship. Thus, working here is a notch.
Most times as interns you choose to rally around to get the best. But I believe in developing a skill set. From communication to interaction. And from this least, it suits what you were looking for.
Gaming programming internship you can see is a profession sort after for what you love doing. Keep doing it. We hope we had you satisfied with this list
Frequently Asked Questions About Game Programming Internships Summer 2021
Ideally, interns spend their time working on relevant projects, learning about the field, making industry connections, and developing both hard and soft skills. Internships sometimes even lead to full-time job offers. Summer internships are typically 40 hours a week over 10 to 12 weeks.
The summer internship gives you the chance to build your stores so that when you’re ready to go on that job interview, you have the skills, the experience, the desire, and the confidence to make it happen. Find the right opportunity and go for it.
Here are several steps for getting an internship with no experience.
- Decide what careers interest you.
- Choose the type of internship and location you want.
- Keep your GPA high.
- Consult with your career center.
- Check for on-campus opportunities.
- Join a university or community group.
- Apply early.
- Develop skills.
You have a resume goal, a networking goal, and a brand goal identified. Great! Now use these goals to focus your daily actions and stay on track at your internship.
While it is possible to get an internship as young as 14 years old, many employers will most likely have their own age restrictions set at 16 years old or above because many laws are regulating the number of hours and type of work children below 16 can do.
- Crestwood High School | Overview, Ranking and Location
- Harvard University MBA Scholarship For International Students In USA, 2021-2022 | [Fully Funded].
- How Long Does FAFSA Take to Process? The Complete Guide.
- 2021 TWU Scholarships for USA Female Students.
- 2021 Rotary Peace Fellowship In USA.
- Georgetown University Scholarships For Undergraduate Students In USA 2021 [USA Only].
- Berea College Scholarships For International Students In USA, 2021.
- Green Degree | Top 10 Best Green Degrees and Schools For Study.
- Tuition Reimbursement Program | How It Works, The Benefits And Companies That Offer It
- NDSU Scholarships For International Undergraduate Students In USA | 2021-2022.
- University Of Tennessee Scholarships For International Students In USA | 2021-2022.
- Cameron Impact Scholarship | 2021.
- Hagan Scholarship Foundation | Eligibility, Scholarship Worth and Deadline.
- 2021 Inner-City Scholarship Fund.
- Villanova Presidential Scholarship For International Students In USA | 2021-2022.
- 10 Things To Consider Before Choosing A Career Path.